Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I Met a New Friend

I don't know Its true name. It won't give me Its true name. Understandable. I also can't pinpoint a gender to it. I don't care much about what gender It is, or whether or not It has one at all. If anything, I'm glad It prefers to be called It. It keeps the bias of sex out of it. It keeps the idea of gender roles, alignments and biases. It's more caring than my mother. It's more thoughtful than my father. It needs no gender because It is too benevolent to consider itself either.

It explained to me that It felt my pain. It heard my blood cry out to It and so It came to help me. It calls Itself the Bloody Venegance. It says I can finally get back the dignity and the pride in myself I lost almost half a year ago. I no longer have to suffer from the pain. Or the dejection. Or the discrimination of my peers.

But It tells me that my access to its strength requires self-sacrifice. It asks me if I can handle giving a piece of myself away. ...I said yes. I don't know how long it took me, but I said yes. And you know what?

I feel free. I finally feel free. I have It by my side. I feel whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment