Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I Feel Better

I was out cold for three days. I did not dream, and I could barely think. I was just a singular being floating in the edge of darkness. And then, the darkness gave way to a blinding white. The white was so pure that it seared my eyes. No- white was not the way to describe it. It wasn't just a pure shade of white. It was clear. Somehow, I could tell that beyond that square of clearness that nothing existed and nothing inhabited and never would.

I tried struggling away from it, fearing the end. I didn't want to die. I'm too human to not care about death. It terrifies me, and the blankness in that square scared me more than anything. Then deep rouge lines appeared in the darkness, surrounding the square like varicose veins. They covered the square, filled it, and then filled the rest of the inky darkness.

Then I woke up.

The doctors say I was out for three days. The blood of the donor was peculiar and my body weakened into a comatose state to accept the new blood. My blood type is O-, the universal donor. However, the donor's was a strange state. They couldn't quite tell what it was, but they said that it was close enough to O-. At least, that's what they said.

I feel good to be alive. It feels good to get out there now. I feel rejuvinated. I feel alive. I'm supposed to go to muscular therapy. Apparently muscle in my shoulder was blown clean off. But... it's like the incident never happened. It's so strange.

But no reason to be suspicious of a blessing, is there?

In any case, I have to go home. I have a month of schoolwork left, and I'll turn it all in, whether they grade it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment