Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Coming Out to My Parents

I decided, after making that post, that... well, I decided to tell my parents. They were ... they were shocked. My dad stormed out. He said something about how I'm worse than a blasphemous anti-God piece of shit. My mom was more kind about it in the beginning though. She put her hand on my shoulder and she told me the dangers of homosexual intercourse. I told her I felt that I enjoy guys romantically like that, but I don't think I'm ready to enjoy guys in a sexual way. She said that no matter what, I was still her child, and that if I do keep this mindset I should at least be safe about it.

Then my dad came back. He apologized to me, but he then told me he set up an appointment with a therapist outside the county. Someone who worked with people of the LBGT type and helped them overcome the hurt. He also set up an appointment with a priest. For my Baptism. I'm still a Christian, the haters of the congregation be damned. I believe in the love and forgiveness aspect of Christianity. The actual teachings of the Abrahamic prophet. Respect, togetherness, and equality. Not hatrid, bigotry, and the lack of empathy for those who are different, even only a little.

So- tomorrow, I'm going to go to Prof. Schwerner. He's going to help me out. I might try to rat out the people who beat me. Or I might just need a shoulder to cry on. It doesn't matter.

I finally feel like ... all the hatrid. The discrimination. It can end. It can change. Or I can find a way out of it if it doesn't.

Just need to take this one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment