Thursday, April 4, 2013

Examples of Their Hatred

They've done horrible things to me for my gall to be different. I live somewhere in Missouri. The bad part of Missouri. The one that fought the hardest against the Union in the Civil War. The ones that beat and abused the poor black people in the towns we pushed them into. The town where men could beat their wives without repercussion, where someone who was diagnosed with a mental illness or a missing limb could get shot. I live in the most bigoted area of the United States this side of the Mississippi River.

And after most of their scapegoats were now placed under the civil protection of the law, they naturally went to another group. And I happen to be homosexual, and they ate it up.

It started at school when I came out to someone who I thought I could trust. He was a close friend, or so I thought, and listened to what I said. He punched me in the face, then got on his bike and rode off in a direction. I tried running after, but he called me an abomination and rode off.

Then he spread word throughout the school. I could tell by the whispers, the furtive looks they gave me. Then they started speaking louder, and louder.

Then the teachers started glaring at me like I was a bat out of Hell. They gave me F's on tests that I should have passed with flying colors. Once my Biology teacher made the mistake of telling the answers to us a week after a test, and I noted that most of the questions I got right were counted wrong. He ignored me.

Then the kids started attacking me physically. Honestly, it was better than the stares and the remarks. At least it would heal. Except for the stone that hit me in the right eye. That stone blinded me in that permanently. Gave me a stigmatism and made everything a lot blurrier than before.

In any case... I don't know what to do. But talking about it is step one to recovery, right? ...right.

No comments:

Post a Comment